Our goal at Cookie Cutters Haircuts for Kids is to provide families with an amazing haircut experience. From the slide in the waiting area to the TVs and fantasy chairs on the cutting floor our expert staff is waiting to provide your child with a one of a kind experience.
We strive to provide a caring environment where we put both the child and the parent at ease. Our stylists are skilled in cutting hair for all children, and provide that extra special touch for those with special needs. Not all children like to get their haircut, we are aware of this struggle and do all we can to make the experience one that they will want to have again. We strive to help all kids Discover How Much Fun A Haircut Can Be!
Given Cookie Cutters’ primary clients fall within school age group, we will continue to require masks to be worn in our Edgewater location at this time. If you have been vaccinated and strongly prefer not to wear a mask, we can accommodate you on certain days at certain times. Please call the salon at 201-917-3723 to make such an appointment
As usual, if you or your child feel sick, please reschedule your appointment to a later date when you or your chld are symtoms free.
We continue extra sanitation and cleaning procedures to keep our customers and staff safe.
Thank you for helping our clients, staff and community safe. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email our owner Erica at HudsonUrban@haircutsarefun.com
Wigs for Kids Hair Donation
Please email HudsonUrban@haircutsarefun.com for details. We cannot guaranteed we can accommodate hair donation service if you book a regular haircut appointment online without informing us ahead of time. Hair donation requires longer time to complete and costs extra for the service.
HELPFUL HINTS & POLICIES
So we can provide the best service possible for all of our customers, here are some helpful hints and a reminder of our policies:
1. Please arrive no more than 5 minutes earlier than your appointment time.
2. At booking, please let us know if your child is fearful of haircuts. This way we can add extra time and make the process as easy as possible for your kiddo.
3. Be Prepared - Is your child tired or hungry? Is he bothered by the hair that falls down the back of his shirt? If so, always best to wait until after meal or nap time and bring a fresh shirt!
4. Sensory Sensitive - The Autism Society of New Jersey provided us with these tips on how to help our friends with sensory needs. - Choose an appointment time when the salon is not busy. Typically, weekdays, 9-10 or 12-2. Give us a call and let us know what are your child's triggers - clippers, hair dryers, etc.
5. Tangles - please brush out your child's hair prior to your appointment. If you can't, let us know at time of booking as detangling can take as long as a haircut! There will be an extra charge of $20 per 15 minutes for the service.
6. Blowout or flat ironing - A quick blow drying is included in all haircuts to ensure all haircuts are finished with dry hair, but blowout to a style is extra. If you would like to have blowout or flat ironing service after the haircut, please book the "add on blow out" service ahead of time. For last minute styling request, we can only accommodate if there is available time before next appointment.
7. Redos - All redos are done within a week from the original service at no extra charges.
8. No show - if for any reasons, you can not make it to your appointment, please cancel ahead of time (at least 2 hours ahead if possible) before your appointment time either by calling us or cancelling online. Cancellation at your appointment time is considered no show. For customers who do not show up 3 times in a roll, we can only accomodate your next appointment as a walk in based on our availabilities. Thank you for your understanding and consideration.
This place was awesome and the staff was warm and friendly . On top of the great customer service the actual service was great too. Now his hair is even more healthy and much easier to manage the MIRACLE DETANGLER is a must if you struggle with knots ! Overall great experience!
I came with 2 boys on Saturday. To be honest it was the best haircut we have received in years. We left very happy with the service . Definitely we wont go anywhere else going forward. - Hilkat Sozen
We just left and Kevin was excellent! Taking our son for a haircut was always a nightmare full of crying and screaming. However, with Kevin that was not the case. Kevin took his time and our son's haircut was excellent. It came out so good! Not once did he cry and scream.
Came in not knowing much about this place it quickly became our favorite place for a haircut.
- Yesenia Teplitskiy
Holiday Hours 2021 and 2022
Easter Sunday: Closed
July 4th Independence Day (if falls on Sunday): Closed
Thanksgivng Day: Closed
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year's Day: Closed.
FAMILY DAYSave when you bring in multiple children during the same visit. Pay regular price for the first haircut and enjoy special savings on each additional.
PACKAGE SPECIALSPurchase prepaid KidsCuts at a special rate. Use them on one child or share with all the kids in the family!
LOCAL SPECIALSDon’t miss out on local specials at your area Cookie Cutters! CLICK HERE to register
LOYALTY PROGRAMEarn points each time you visit and redeem them on future services or retail products.